Sports Day Success
We held our Sports Day on Tuesday 2nd July. Just like last year, the morning involved children working in mixed age teams to complete a series of eight skill challenges. The skill challenges included shooting goals in both football and netball; discus, shotput and javelin throwing; long jump, hurdles and shuttle run. Children have been practising these skills during their P.E. lessons with Mr. Harris this half-term. All children earned team points during each activity.
In the afternoon, children were involved in a series of traditional races - sprinting, balancing quoits, relay and finally a lap (or two for Year 5 and Year 6!) round our track. The first four winners of each race won points for their teams.
When all the team points had been totalled, Mr. Harris informed everyone of the final result! Congratulations to Hutton who won the Sports Day Cup once again!
Many thanks to
- Mrs. Gavriluk and Mr. Harris for planning and organising this successful sports day
- All the parent volunteers and staff who supervised the different activities
- P.T.A. ladies for providing refreshments
- All those parents and other family members who joined us to enjoy our sports day
- All our children for showing us their best sporting performance - you were BRILLIANT!
- A special thank you and well done to all the Year 6 team leaders who did a FAB job managing their teams