Welcome to our School...
I believe that the role of a primary school should be to create in all its children a lifelong love of learning that will carry them through the transition to secondary school and beyond, giving them the best possible foundation for their working lives. Consistent, explicit and high expectations of both pupils and staff are essential in securing ambitious standards of achievement, excellent progress and positive attendance. I want the pupils at Archbishop Hutton’s to flourish in a climate of security, support and positivity where they can learn and practise the key academic and personal skills necessary for thriving and adapting to the changing demands of twenty-first century life.
I aspire for all the children at Archbishop Hutton’s to work in an exciting and positive environment where they
- Enjoy learning
- Feel safe – respect, value and support each other as learners
- Take risks and develop a ‘can do’ attitude
- Recognise mistakes and errors as a learning opportunity and persevere
- Set high expectations of themselves – their behaviour for learning, their progress in learning, their presentation, their positive relationships with others
I expect the adults who work in school to
- establish positive working relationships with all children
- model learning and expected behaviour for the children
- treat all children fairly, with kindness and respect
- encourage, praise and reward
I believe that when parents and staff work in partnership they provide the best possible support for their children.
I look forward to getting to know you and your child as we embark on their journey through primary school together!
We welcome prospective parents and visitors to our school and would love the opportunity to show you round
Sarah Watson (Headteacher)