P.E. and Sports Premium
What is P.E. and Sports Premium?
In recent years, the Government have provided funding to all primary schools with the specific aim of improving the provision of P.E. and sport.
Our allocation for the school year 2020-2021 is £16,980
The allocation is calculated according to the number of children on roll in the school. P.E. and Sports Premium money is used to encourage increased participation in P.E. and sporting activities that help promote a positive attitude to developing children’s health and well-being.
How do we plan to use the funding for the 2020/21 academic year?
We will continue to:
Provide cover for staff and fund transport to increase participation in local competitions.
Provide quality assured materials for P.E. and school sport.
Buy into the Small School Sports Partnership ensuring children can participate in local events with other schools; staff are aware of all sporting activities and training available locally.
Ensure children use running track in order to maintain and improve their health, fitness and
Provide every child with the opportunity to participate in an outdoor adventure activity.
We will enhance our provision in 2020/2021 when we aim to:
- Provide high quality sports teaching for all children while improving staff teaching skills in P.E.
- Increase the number of tournaments attended by children and the number of different children participating in these. (Covid allowing)
- Increase opportunities for Reception and KS1 children to participate in sport both at school and off-site.
- Provide extra opportunities for children to experience different sports by inviting coaches from local clubs in to school.(Covid allowing)
- Ensure our ‘Young Leaders’ consistently lead physical activities and games for other children in school during playtimes and lunchtimes. (Covid allowing)